Vulkan runtime libraries: When we found unknown software is running on our PC, we assume that this is a virus. Isn’t it? The same cases are with our Vulkan Runtime libraries. When we installed a new GPU we see VulkanRT, and our antivirus signals a virus is installed on your PC. It is concern worries a lot of Windows users. Now, what exactly it is? So, today we will discuss Vulkan runtime libraries: What is it? Should I remove it?
What is Vulkan RunTime libraries on my computer?
The Vulkan Runtime libraries, is known as VulkanRT. It is graphics driver such as NVIDIA, Intel or AMD graphics cards; it works on graphics frame rates. Now, all latest games support this driver. Unlike OpenGL and DirectX, Vulkan is a new modern graphics PAR render, which is developed for better video performance.
When you install a graphics card, The Vulkan Runtime Library is also installing on your computer without your permission but, this is not a virus. You would like to know, what is Vulkan Runtime libraries function? Let me tell you that it has been designed for optimal performance on your computer, when you are using heavy frame-rates and gives a more balanced use of GPU (Graphics card) over CPUs.
Moreover, the developer designed the Vulkan for heavy-intensity activities handling of modern CPUs. Furthermore, it uses less CPU usage, more direct control over the GPU. For the gaming purpose, the driver is used for modern optimal 3D display and comes with video card drivers.
When you update your video driver, NVidia automatically installs this program onto your PC. If you compare it to the DirectX 3D, then you will find both are identical in performance.
Things to know about the Vulkan Runtime libraries
- A Vulkan Runtime library is neither a virus, worm, malware nor any types of patches.
- This software can be normally uninstalled, where you traditionally do uninstall other software from Uninstall a Program.
- It is a 3D Graphics API, which is embedded with Nvidia, AMD driver.
- It is used by video card occasionally; however, some heavy games use it.
How to check Vulkan Runtime libraries on Windows 10/8.1/7 and Mac
For Windows 10 PC:
- Go to control panel >Click on uninstall a program>
- You will find a list installed software.
- Here, you will find the Vulkan entry.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select the Apps entry.
- Now, On the Apps & features tab, search for Vulkan.
- You will find the Vulkan Run Time Libraries entry, if it installed on your Windows 10 pc.
For Windows 8.1 PC:
- Click on Start button to open the Start Screen> type on search box for “Vulkan”. It will appear, if it has installed on your Windows 8.1 PC.
For Windows 7 PC:
- Click on Windows, then go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- You will find the entire installed program including Vulkan.
Khronos Group says, Vulkan API will be there in macOS and iOS through the MoltenVK library, and this allows the Vulkan to run over the metal.
Do I need Vulcan RunTime libraries?
Yes, we need it, because it is a complementary part as a driver which drives the frame rates smoothly identical to DirectX 3D 12.
- It allows multi-threading, which gives a smooth gaming performance.
- Lower overhead ensures better control over GPU.
- Performance is similar to DirectX 3D 12.
- Efficient graphics hardware control.
- Open- source software.
- Available in all major platform Windows, Linux, Android
- Supports iOS and Mac OS through MoltenVK library.
How Vulkan runtime libraries installed on my PC without administrator permission?
If you have little knowledge about GPU, then, you might know the NVIDIA and AMD is the popular hi-tech graphics card manufacturers in the world, and in their newly manufactured GPU, they are using VulkanRT to boost-up the GPU performance. Now, NVIDIA and AMD ship Vulkan as inbuilt graphics card drivers in all latest models.
How Vulkan runtime libraries installed on my PC? When we install a GPU or video card, Vulkan RT libraries is automatically installed on our PC. Even, it doesn’t require the permission of administrator; moreover, you will not find any skip on Vulkan installation. That’s the reason many people don’t know what is Vulkan. I hope you have understood this thing.
Should I remove Vulkan runtime libraries?
Now, as you know that Vulkan is a GPU driver, it is not a virus. For, installation it does not require any permission. Is Vulkan RunTime libraries safe?
The answer is YES, the antivirus shows virus signal, because it gets installed without any permission. So, you should not worry about this.
But, the question arises if we uninstall/remove this software, then what should do? And what could be with the performance? Now, I will clear your concern.
As I have said earlier it is not a virus, so, you should not uninstall this software. If you have uninstalled this software, you will not able to run, Vulkan supported games, besides this, you will not get smoothness while playing the game. So, it could be a serious issue for gaming.
How to update/reinstalled Vulkan runtime libraries?
Since, you have uninstalled the software. You should know that it can’t be installed manually. Now, follow the solutions for you.
Solution- 1: Download Vulkan runtime libraries software from your graphics card manufacturer website.
Solution-2: If, it does not work, then, shut down your PC; remove the graphics card from your motherboard. After, remove the card, again start your PC, then, again do shut-down. Now, install the graphics card and start your PC. You will find a Vulkan Runtime library has been reinstalled. Even if, doesn’t work then go for next step.
Solution-3: To update and reinstallation, download and install the driver easy. Then, run the software and let the driver easy to scan recommended driver for your PC. Here, the driver easy will find Vulkan runtime libraries. Now, click on download/update the software.
- Best image viewer software.
- Free Download Manager Extension For Chrome.
- Fix ‘Error Loading Player: No Playable Sources Found’.